Thursday, January 10, 2013

Confession.

I need to put this out there from the start.  I'm ashamed, I'm embarrassed and I'm nervous to admit it.  It's actually quite ironic and silly, but it is just so me. You have to know from the beginning of this blog that I absolutely cannot sew.
That's right. I own a fabric shop, in fact, I LOVE fabric.  I simply cannot sew.  By cannot sew, I mean I literally have no idea how to work a sewing machine. No clue.
All that being said, I love fabric. I love the colors, the choices, the textures, the creativity of the designers and of course, the possibilities. I love what fabric can become when someone who knows how to sew gets a hold of it!
Over the years, I have seen so many clients turn fabric from Clothkeeper into something amazing.  One woman outfitted her remodeled Airstream with retro, beachy prints.  Another regular customer makes dog collars.  One sweet woman sews quilts for children in hospitals.  Fabric translates into relaxation, eye candy for dog lovers, and hope for families in tough situations.  I've come to adore fabric over the years because of this.
This blog has been started for a number of reasons, most of which are of no interest to you (I don't think).  We plan to have tutorials, to showcase our new stock, to announce new promotions and sales, etc.  However, we hope to connect on a truly personal level with customers, crafters, friends, mothers, daughters, and anyone else who likes to create, wants to like to create, likes fabric, wants to like fabric, or wants to laugh at us attempt to write!
This year, Liessa (my mom and business partner) will be doing easy sewing tutorials for the people who are beginner sewers.  I have one main objective this year: to learn how to sew.  And you my friends, are invited to watch me.
So, follow our blog!  Get in on the deals, see what we have to offer.  Watch my mom use our beautiful fabrics to create simple, practical projects for your home, family & friends. Watch me rip out seams, throw up my hands in frustration, cry, pout, and learn how to sew in the process!

1 comment:

  1. I can't sew either, but I share your love for fabric! There are so many things you can do besides sewing with it. I make hair pretties out of pretty much anything I can get my hands on and I love making rolled roses out of fabric scraps.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Deluxe Designs. All rights reserved. 2011